Job Reference : RUFF – CODE – PPC7400
Ruffian Games is looking for an Junior Engineer to work on a multiplayer title being developed for Xbox One in Unreal Engine 4.
The successful candidate will be part of a small team and be responsible for the implementation of gameplay and general systems in an existing AAA game codebase according to design.
Reporting to a Senior Engineer, the candidate will join an established team, most of whom are industry veterans, and ideally be the type of person who thrives when working within a creative, experienced and highly talented team.
- Responsible for delivering general systems and gameplay code according to design and technical requirements.
- Working closely with other engineers and designers to effectively integrate within existing systems.
- A good degree in computer science, mathematics, equivalent degree or equivalent track record in game development.
Essential Skills / Experience
- Demonstrable skillset from a portfolio either through industry experience, gamejams or similar.
- Fluent in modern C++, VC14 preferable.
Desirable Skills / Experience
- Has experience working with Unreal Engine 4.
- Preferably has applicable console experience.
- Understanding of Xbox Live and/or UWP.
Ideally this would be an in house appointment at our Dundee office. That said we are open to discussing off-site working, which would be something we could offer to the right candidate. We currently have off-site work with key members of our team who are able to demonstrate that they are motivated self-starters, capable of organizing their time and attention effectively.
How To Apply
We prefer submissions by email with links to any work samples/portfolios you have available or attached with your application email.
Send your CV quoting the correct job reference to our HR Department.
If you are unable to email your CV or you want to include work samples that are too large for email then please mail your submission to:
Unit 1 Vision Building
Scotland DD1 4QB
I’m afraid we only accept applications from individuals and do not accept unsolicited correspondence from recruitment agencies.
We will get back to you within 7 days of receipt of your email.