Ruffian Games is looking for multiple Engineers with generalised experience in multiplayer action games developed for PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and future platforms.
This is a wide-ranging generalist engineering position requiring a broad knowledge of gameplay systems such as AI, Physics, Input, Networking, Gameflow, etc. It requires knowledge of C++ and Scripting (Lua or similar) and cross-platform modern game engine experience such as UE4, Unity or similar.
- Working closely with senior engineers and game designers to effectively design and implement new gameplay as well as maintain and extend legacy gameplay features.
- A good degree in computer science, mathematics, equivalent degree or equivalent track record in game development.
Essential Skills / Experience
- Has been instrumental in shipping a title
- Is an experienced engineer (1 year plus)
- Fluent in modern C++, VC14 preferable (1 year plus)
- Experience of a full game development lifecycle
Desirable Skills / Experience
- Preferably has shipped a console product.
- Broad working knowledge of AI, Physics, Input, Networking and Gameflow systems
- Has worked on a project with one of the major console vendors.
- Has worked with large, legacy code bases.
- Has applicable current generation console experience.
This would be an in-house appointment at our Dundee studio.
How To Apply
We prefer submissions by email with links to any work samples/portfolios you have available or attached with your application email.
Send your CV quoting the correct job name to our HR Department.
If you are unable to email your CV or you want to include work samples that are too large for email then please mail your submission to:
Unit 1 Vision Building
Scotland DD1 4QB
We only accept applications from individuals and do not accept unsolicited correspondence from recruitment agencies.
We will get back to you within 7 days of receipt of your email.