Gameplay Script Engineer
Ruffian Games are looking for multiple Gameplay Script Engineers with experience in mission and gameplay scripting for multiplayer action games developed for PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and future platforms.
This is a wide-ranging scripting position requiring a creative gameplay design approach, plus a working knowledge of gameplay systems such as AI, Physics, UI, gameflow that will be implemented using in-house tools similar to C#, Lua or other similar text-based script languages.
- Working closely with engineers, artists and game designers to create new gameplay content as well as maintain and extend legacy gameplay features.
- A good degree in computer science, mathematics, equivalent degree or equivalent track record in game development.
Essential Skills / Experience
- 1+ year plus involvement in a shipping title
- An understanding of object oriented programming and how it applies to game design
Desirable Skills / Experience
- Preferably has shipped a console product.
- Broad working knowledge of AI, Physics, Input, Networking and Gameflow systems
- Has worked on a project with one of the major console vendors.
- Has applicable current generation console experience.
This would be an in-house appointment at our Dundee studio.
How To Apply
We prefer submissions by email with links to any work samples/portfolios you have available or attached with your application email.
Send your CV quoting the correct job name to our HR Department.
If you are unable to email your CV or you want to include work samples that are too large for email then please mail your submission to:
Unit 1 Vision Building
Scotland DD1 4QB
We only accept applications from individuals and do not accept unsolicited correspondence from recruitment agencies.
We will get back to you within 7 days of receipt of your email.