Ruffian Games is looking multiple Graphics Engineers with generalised experience in multiplayer action games developed for PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and future platforms.
This is a role that requires focus on optimisation and performance with extensive C++ and 3D graphics API experience, preferably a solid working knowledge of DirectX11 and DirectX12 specifically.
- Responsible for delivering new and enhancing existing graphics technology according to design and technical requirements.
- Working closely with senior graphics engineers, project lead and technical director to effectively improve, design and extend cross platform graphics technologies.
- A good degree in computer science, mathematics, equivalent degree or equivalent track record in game development.
Essential Skills / Experience
- Has been instrumental in shipping a title
- Is an experience engineer (1 year plus)
- Experience working with large, legacy code bases and bringing them to new platforms
- Fluent in modern C++, VC14 preferable (1 year plus)
- Fluent in DirectX11 & 12, OpenGL, Vulkan or similar APIs
- Fluent in Cg, HLSL or similar vendor specific shader languages
Desirable Skills / Experience
- Preferably has shipped a console product.
- Has worked on a project with one of the major console vendors.
- Has applicable current generation console experience.
This would be an in-house appointment at our Dundee studio.
How To Apply
We prefer submissions by email with links to any work samples/portfolios you have available or attached with your application email.
Send your CV quoting the correct job name to our HR Department.
If you are unable to email your CV or you want to include work samples that are too large for email then please mail your submission to:
Unit 1 Vision Building
Scotland DD1 4QB
We only accept applications from individuals and do not accept unsolicited correspondence from recruitment agencies.
We will get back to you within 7 days of receipt of your email.