Ruffian Games is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer with generalised experience in multiplayer action games developed for PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and future platforms.
The successful candidate will work closely with both the project lead and systems engineers who are responsible for integration of the title with platform services and servers which are expected of a current and future generation multiplayer titles.
- Responsible for delivering general systems, network and/or gameplay code according to design and technical requirements.
- Leading a small group of experienced engineers to implement wider project goals.
- Working closely with systems engineers, project lead and technical director to effectively communicate design and integrate with existing systems.
- A good degree in computer science, mathematics, equivalent degree or equivalent track record in game development.
Essential Skills / Experience
- Has designed and implemented or otherwise been instrumental in shipping a title with significant action and multiplayer requirements.
- Is a senior engineer (3 years plus).
- Fluent in modern C++, VC14 preferable (3 years plus).
Desirable Skills / Experience
- Preferably has shipped a console product.
- Has worked on a first-party project with one of the console vendors.
- Has worked with large, legacy code bases.
- Has applicable current generation console experience.
- Understanding of Xbox Live and/or PSN
This would be an in-house appointment at our Dundee studio.
How To Apply
We prefer submissions by email with links to any work samples/portfolios you have available or attached with your application email.
Send your CV quoting the correct job name to our HR Department.
If you are unable to email your CV or you want to include work samples that are too large for email then please mail your submission to:
Unit 1 Vision Building
Scotland DD1 4QB
We only accept applications from individuals and do not accept unsolicited correspondence from recruitment agencies.
We will get back to you within 7 days of receipt of your email.