Ruffian Games is looking for a UI Engineer with generalised experience in multiplayer action games developed for PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and future platforms.
This is a position that involves creation of new front-end UI, in-game gameplay and the remastering of legacy UI systems across multiple platforms.
- Working closely with senior engineers and game designers to effectively design and implement new UI features as well as maintain and extend legacy UI systems.
- A good degree in computer science, mathematics, equivalent degree or equivalent track record in game development.
Essential Skills / Experience
- Has been instrumental in shipping a title
- Is an experience engineer (1 year plus)
- Fluent in modern C++, VC14 preferable (1 year plus)
- Experience of a full game development lifecycle
- Experience in ScaleForm or modern equivalent UI middleware.
Desirable Skills / Experience
- Has worked on a project with one of the major console vendors.
- Has worked with large, legacy code bases.
- Has applicable current generation console experience.
This would be an in-house appointment at our Dundee studio.
How To Apply
We prefer submissions by email with links to any work samples/portfolios you have available or attached with your application email.
Send your CV quoting the correct job name to our HR Department.
If you are unable to email your CV or you want to include work samples that are too large for email then please mail your submission to:
Unit 1 Vision Building
Scotland DD1 4QB
We only accept applications from individuals and do not accept unsolicited correspondence from recruitment agencies.
We will get back to you within 7 days of receipt of your email.