Ruffian Games is looking for a Senior Engineer with generalised experience in multiplayer action games developed for PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and future platforms.
This wide-ranging position requires a broad knowledge of gameplay systems such as AI, Physics, Input, Networking, Gameflow, etc; knowledge of C++ and Scripting (Lua or similar) and cross-platform modern game engine experience such as UE4, Unity or similar.
- Working closely with project lead and technical director to deliver game systems according to design and technical requirements.
- Leading a small group of experienced engineers to implement wider project goals.
- A degree in computer science, mathematics, equivalent degree or equivalent track record in game development.
Essential Skills / Experience
- Has designed and implemented or otherwise been instrumental in shipping a title with significant action and multiplayer requirements.
- Is a senior engineer (3 years plus)
- Fluent in modern C++, VC14 preferable (3 years plus)
Desirable Skills / Experience
- Preferably has shipped a console product.
- Broad working knowledge of AI, Physics, Input, Networking and Gameflow systems.
- Experience with creating and maintaining script binding layers and APIs.
- Has worked on a project with one of the major console vendors.
- Has worked with large, legacy code bases.
- Has applicable current generation console experience.
This would be an in-house appointment at our Dundee studio.
How To Apply
We prefer submissions by email with links to any work samples/portfolios you have available or attached with your application email.
Send your CV quoting the correct job name to our HR Department.
If you are unable to email your CV or you want to include work samples that are too large for email then please mail your submission to:
Unit 1 Vision Building
Scotland DD1 4QB
We only accept applications from individuals and do not accept unsolicited correspondence from recruitment agencies.
We will get back to you within 7 days of receipt of your email.